Dr. Randall Plaisance grew up in Baton Rouge, LA and moved to Auburn, AL to attend Auburn University when he was 17 years old. He has since only wandered from Alabama briefly during his professional development, and considers it a great blessing to serve the wonderful people of Central Alabama.
Dr. Plaisance has production experience in commercial cow-calf as well as seedstock cattle production involving advanced reproductive techniques. Additionally he has worked in equine and dairy production, all prior to entering the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine. Upon graduating from AUCVM he entered private practice for several years before opening Castaway Animal Clinic.
Dr. Plaisance practices on all domestic species, with interests in equine dentistry and performance medicine, as well as embryo transfer in cattle.
The father of five children, Dr. Randy is active in his local church and athletic communities, coaching local wrestling and softball clubs, as well as competing in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and triathlon events. He is married to Lisa Plaisance DVM, the owner of Dadeville Animal Clinic in Dadeville, Al.
· Bronwen Horschel was born in Pennsylvania, soon thereafter, her family moved to the mountains of California and then to rural Massachusetts. Dr. Horschel graduated from High School in Massachusetts and promptly joined the Army in 1997.
· Dr. Horschel worked as a tank turret mechanic and electrician while in the Army. Stationed in Fort Hood Texas, Dr. Horschel met her husband who was also in the Army as a Cavalry Scout. Soon the Horschel’s started a family and together have three children.
· In 2004 Dr. Horschel deployed to Iraq with the 2-5 Cavalry, 1st Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division. She completed a 12 month deployment with the Cavalry and returned to Fort Hood in 2005. At this time Dr. Horschel was discharged honorably from the military and began to take classes at the local community college.
· In 2012 the Horschel’s were relocated to Fort Benning Georgia where Mr. Horschel was stationed. Dr. Horschel finished her undergraduate degree in Equine Science from Auburn University and graduated in 2014.
· In 2016 she was accepted in to the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine and graduated May 2nd 2020 with her doctorate.
· During her time in Auburn, two of her three children have graduated from Auburn High School and her youngest attends Auburn Junior High School. Mr. Horschel has since retired from the Army and is now an undergraduate student at the Harbert College of Business.
· Dr. Bronwen Horschel is excited and thrilled to join the Castaway team. She has a special interest in providing ambulatory services in both the Auburn and Eclectic areas. She is interested in providing quality veterinary care to small and large animals alike.
· She can provide in home services to dogs and cats, including those that have an aversion to transportation to the clinic, fractious animals and those that need home euthanasia. Dr. Horschel enjoys large animal medicine and is happy to provide greater availability for ambulatory service to Castaway clients.
· Dr. Horschel has 25 years of equine experience and is an avid equestrian. During her “down time”, she can be found mountain biking, kayaking, hiking and horseback riding. Dr. Horschel’s youngest daughter Jacqueline competes in Cross Country and is on the Auburn High School Mountain Bike Team. The Horschel’s have three rambunctious dogs, three feisty felines and last but not least a cow pony who has been performing as an excellent jumper for the last several years. She is beyond excited to call Auburn her home “War Eagle!”